Online fraud

• Last Post 22 May 2021
KarthikRajendran posted this 15 December 2017

I was in a need to buy a LED TV , so I saw an advertisement on quikr and approached it. Then the Seller gave his whatsapp number ( )+91 78389 22090,+919036782392 and told to chat him for discussion regarding the deal, after that he gave another number to call him and finalize the deal (+91 78389 22090,+919036782392. After all that the deal was finalised with Rs 40000 in total for a Samsung LED TV he told to make an Initial Payment of Rs 5000 and Remaining Payment can be done after the delivery in EMI's and if you are not satisfied with the product then that Rs 5000 will also be Refunded. Then I Agreed. He Send me the account details of their management here in India to which I have to deposit the Money , a/c name Maria Lalthazuali a/c no 17740100009788 Ifsc cod FDRL0001774 Branch Tlangnum. Federal bank of India.e A/c name:- Lalram Zauvi. A/c no:- 1111910080. Ifsc code:- Kkbk0000561. Branch:- Madhapur. Kotak Mahindra bank. Then I Deposited Rs40600 into this Bank Account from my savings, and after which the order will be shipped to my doorstep within 3 days. Now when the 3 days were over and when I asked him about my order he is refusing to ship it and telling to pay more11200 Rupees and also not giving the guarantee that I will receive my order which he gave initially. He has done the fraud of Rs40600 to me, so sir I request you to please take the necessary action towards him as soon as possible that money is very hard earned savings of me please help me recovering that money from this fraud. I Enclosed a screenshot of the whatsapp number of this fraud foreigner with this complaint. Hope you will take the action soon.

Attached Files

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
AngshumanBanerjee posted this 16 April 2018

Completely agree with the post from Karthik Rajendran. Karthik, your post was actually an eye-opener for me and prevented me from innocently stepping into their trap. God Bless you! There are crooks all around, readily waiting to pounce upon unwary people. We really have to be extra cautious to keep these conmen at bay.

On 6th Feb, 2018, I had intended to purchase a Bitcoin Miner machine (Model: Antminer S9) and had contacted IndiaMart.com regarding the same. They rapidly sent across the contact details of a few suppliers of the product. Simultaneously, I started receiving mails & WhatsApp messages from a few of the suppliers. Amongst them was one Mr. GOUD DESAM from Guaranty E Limited company, based out of Punjab. While I was liaising with several suppliers, basis the low quote, I decided to proceed with further discussions with Goud Desam on 8860180299. Although it was an Indian mobile number, voice calls were not successful. Only WhatsApp messages and calls were allowed. This itself should have rang the bell in me. Technically, once a SIM card is configured with a handset and WhatsApp is downloaded on it, the mobile number remains forever as the WhatsApp no. of the handset, irrespective of what SIM Card/Mobile no. you are using on that handset, afterwards. This will only get overwritten if the WhatsApp application is re-downloaded with another mobile number (SIM Card) for the same handset.

Nevertheless, while speaking with the so-called Mr. Goud Desam, I had a hunch that he is a foreigner (presumably African, which I gauged from his accent). But, he convincingly went on stating that he is from Kerala and that he has a different accent because he completed his college from London, etc. etc. Then he asked me to share my details, regarding address, email id, phone no., etc. for preparing the invoice and that the modes of payment would only be Bank transfer/Bitcoin wallet transfer. Then he asked me to deposit the money in the Account of Lalram Zauvi; A/c No. 1111910080; IFSC Code: KKBK0000561; Kotak Mahindra Bank; Madhapur Branch and said that FedEx tracking no. would be provided to me for me to monitor the product movement. This raised a slight doubt in me because why was I asked to pay to anybody’s personal account. So, I called him and he said that the company’s account is being changed and that Lalram Zauvi is the accountant of Guaranty E Limited, where the money is safe to be transferred. Suddenly, after 10 mins, he sent me another set of bank details. This time Account name is Sunil B.; A/c No. 918010006109289; IFSC Code: UTIB0003569; Axis Bank; Ramamurthy Nagar Branch. His submission was that his manager had instructed him to share the latter detail, so that he could monitor the order himself. This inculcated serious doubt in my mind, for which I then proposed COD (Cash on Delivery). Mr. Goud Desam then became jittery and said that it was not possible. On me insisting, he somehow kept pushing for a 50% advance payment, citing logistics expenses.

Long story short, I did not proceed with him further. Had I, any amount of money I would have paid, would have gone to the dogs. However, serious doubts arise for Indiamart.com as well. What sort of background checks do they conduct before enlisting a merchant? Their credibility seriously stands at stake, if these are the types of fraudulent entities they nurture. A few other numbers (received from Indiamart again), who only entertain WhatsApp calls are +1-587-316-2808, +1-786-505-9519 and 9987800306. Now, you know what you are supposed to understand.

Friends, be very careful about such impostors, looming all around us. Another pointer you might observe, is the gross incorrectness in the English language they use.

Be very careful! Stay Safe & Happy.

FireC posted this 05 December 2018

Thanks guys, The same phone number has been used in a classified ad in London. I contacted an advert for a camera and +1-786-505-9519 contacted me on Whatsapp.

DonOHare posted this 11 May 2020

Same number trying to sell fake/no product for Covid-19 3M masks. Stay away +1-786-505-9519

madhavaraonaguru posted this 22 May 2021

I was in a need to buy a  minerL3+ same numbers 91 78389 22090,+919036782392. he contacted me on WhatsApp don't believe such kind of spam messages . please try to choose amazon or flipkart for best selling . please don't try to purchase that fake WhatsApp calls 

Bank Name -Union Bank

Account Name: Mr Sayed Abrar Godihal

Account Number : 365802011004329

IFSC CODE-UBN0536580

SWIFT CODE-UBININBDBA

Phone pay number:918543810

Next number

NAME:DIRIMOHAN MOLSOM

A/C NO. 21210110047392

IFSC.CODE.UCBA0002121

UCO BANK 

Close