Fraud transaction SBI CARD by Telstra prepaid

• Last Post 27 September 2017
BrijendraNegi posted this 25 August 2017

On 25th Aug 2017 evening at 5:05 pm to 5:06 I got 4 unauthorised transaction from telstra prepaid pl .One of  AUD 100  and Three transaction of  AUD 50. I called to sbi credit card customer care the same time to inform about that transaction and block that card. while this transaction happening I did not get any OTP to verify those transaction. Hope cyber crime and sbi higher officials look into the issue.I am in mental stress.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
NARAYANBHATTACHARJEE posted this 26 August 2017

The same issue happened with me also where 4 transactions were done 2 of AUD180 and 2 of 70AUD on 26-Aug-2017 at 12.36 PM . Payment made to Telstra  Prepaid PI. The issue is no OTP no PIN asked . Also how SBI Card which is an Indian currency card is allowed to do transaction in foreign currency. This is really ridiculous.

i suspect he integrity of the card dispatch team also.Neither the CVV is shared to any one but while packing the Card , its a individual who can intentionally note down the card , date of expiry and cvv no. and can use the same or sell the same to outsider.

Since 2 frauds were noted in less than 24 hour its suspicious from SBI card team . Mr. Brijendra , can you tell me when your card was dispatched.

Varmak posted this 28 August 2017

Guys, Be careful with the credit cards from SBI. Day before yesterday I also got messages for 4 unauthorized transactions from SBI that were made with the marchent Tesltra Prepaid. Neither me or nor my family used card for any of those trxns and I did not get any OTP.  This raises a question in my mind is it safe to use SBI Card. 

Somasekharn posted this 29 August 2017

Guys,

The same issue was happened to me also where 6 transactions were done 4 of AUD100 and 2 of 50AUD on 29-08-2017 at 12:30 AM.Payment made to Telstra  Prepaid PI. The issue is no OTP no PIN asked .  

KPRajan posted this 29 August 2017

It was 3 wrong transactions for AUD70.00 , AUD180.00 , AUD70.00 happend to my SBI CC without OTP , PIN on 25-Aug-2017.

I have raised CC complaint , Not sure about how to block fradulent usage . Beware guys .

SRINIVASANRAJASEKARAN posted this 31 August 2017

The same issue happened to me today at 11;40 AM. Two non participatory transactions are made without my knowledge for AUD 180 and AUD 70 from my SBI Credit Card. I also lodged a complaint in this regard and also have a mental stress. 

BalaG posted this 31 August 2017

The same issue happened to me today at 04;03 PM. Four wrong transactions are made(2 times AUD 180 and 2 times AUD 70) from my SBI Credit Card. I also lodged a complaint in this regard.

DDGG posted this 31 August 2017

Today 08/31 7:35 PM me and my colleague lost 50 thousands with SBI credit card.

I don't know why the SBI bank is sleeping on these complaints receiving daily. My sleepless day today...

is anyone got money back from SBI?

LaxeyKumar posted this 01 September 2017

Guys,

I have also faced same issue on 25th at 13:18 PM. Four wrong transactions are made(2 times AUD 180 and 2 times AUD 70) from my SBI Credit Card. Payment made to Telstra Prepaid. Have you guys also did the FIR with police for this.

AkashThukral posted this 02 September 2017

My god...same thing happened with my sbi card yaar....2 transactions of 180 aud and 1 of 70aud...all cases with sbi??? Sbi cannot secure its data.... Did anyone get refund/chargebck

Akash 9654671448

Raja Rama MohanB posted this 03 September 2017

Hi,

I also got a transaction of USD 369 on my SBI card on 01-09-2017. I immediately blocked the card and I could see several declined messages for around two hours which means these transactions are done by some people who are trying to completely use the card limit and get the money to the possible extent.

Based on my research after the incident, any transaction on credit or debit card is normally by two ways.

Card present ( Swipe or Chip usage) - Authenticated by Signature or PIN

The hacker can steal the card data at any ATM or POS terminal and later prepare a duplicate card and do the transactions.

There could be some proof that the customer is not present at that location if such thing happens.

Card Not Present ( Over internet through CVV) - Authenticated by CVV number

All the payment gateways in India are now mandated by RBI to use additional authentication for CNP transactions and it is not necessary that the same is followed internationally by other countries.

I came to know similar experience with my friend for SCB credit card where the 35000 transaction was done through paypal and the Bank investigation reported that the transaction is done through CVV authentication method. He reported the transaction within 5 minutes but the bank said they cant even stop the transaction as it is not in their control as it is done through Master or Visa network.

Banks claim that CVV is not stored by them or known to them and they have closed my friends SCB case that customer lost the CVV credentials and bank is not liable to pay for CVV authenticated transactions even though the customer claims that he has not done the transaction.

Technically they are true to a large extent. Because all the internet transactions we do through our cards in India are also normally authenticated by CVV number at the first layer. The OTP or Secure Password is only a second layer of protection.

So the Technically CVV can be captured at any fraudulent payment gateway or if any payment gateway is compromised.

It is very rare that the card details are captured by the dispatch people and later misused. My SBI credit card is issued more than a year back when it is replaced by chip card.

Banks will always argue that the customer without knowledge might have used the card somewhere by which the details of the card are stolen by the hacker and legally it is just similar to a thief that steals money from our pocket.

Banks will normally say even if such transactions are not done by the customer, customer is liable to pay as the CVV number is not known or stored by them.

I have called all the banks for my cards and most of them can disable the magnetic stripe on the credit card which will limit the international transactions by duplicate card made physically at POS but they cannot stop any transaction that happens through the internet by CVV method.

I have verified this by testing some of my cards at google play store which will normally go through without asking for OTP. My friend claimed that only HDFC is preventing all international transactions ( CVV and POS) if we disable the international facility on the card. HDFC fraud protection team will call the customer if such transaction happens when the customer blocked international transactions. I have not tested this with SBI as my card is currently blocked.

As of now I have requested to replace all my cards as there is no proof that the compromise happened at SBI alone. It could be that the compromise might have happened at the payment gateway that normally SBI uses to authenticate its cards.

I am thinking to close all my cards and use only the virtual card provided by some banks even for transactions in India which will be valid for only one transaction or to the limit of the card preset while requesting.

Hope it helps

Thanks

Raja

Raju BabuS posted this 03 September 2017

Same thing happened to me aswell on 31 aug USD 632.60. Is any one got money back from SBI CARD till now?

KhaleelShaik posted this 03 September 2017

how to recover from this problem , what we have to do ?

JanardhanBobba posted this 04 September 2017

Same thing happed to me today what is happing did any one got money back from SBI

TejaBalusu posted this 05 September 2017

Guys,

I have also faced same issue on 04th Spet at 21:48 PM. Four wrong transactions are made(2 times AUD 180 and 2 times AUD 70) from my SBI Credit Card. Payment made to Telstra Prepaid.

Have you guys also did the FIR with police for this.  SBI has to look in to the scenario. 

MusapuriMallikarjun posted this 05 September 2017

Same thing happened to me shall go for ps for FIR ?

RajeshMutneja posted this 06 September 2017

Guys, it happens with lots of people on almost same time. Can all if the person who reported this earlier can also share the ticket they have logged with SBI, This will help everyone to prove that those transactions were not because of mishandling the card from individual. It can be some kind of data theft from bank as well.

Dileep KumarTripathi posted this 07 September 2017

Friends,

Now today this happens with me also. Total 4 Transactions each AUD 100. Total 400 AUD.

This is complete fault of SBI data hacking, Why customer should bare this.

Pls comment here & support to each other & claim this from SBI only.

WasimHaider posted this 07 September 2017

I would like to share fraud transaction had done from my SBI gold card of AUD 180, AUD 180 , AUD 70 , AUD 70 at Telstra PrePaid PL on 13 Aug'17. I came to know when I received call from SBI after generating statement and debiting amount to me...

However they block the card at their end which had done after 10 days of this fraud transaction. I am worry and afraid about other card which i am holding . I never share any details of cards to anybody.

No OTP and no call received from banker before  debiting amount. I had been asked to pay minimum amount of dues by SBI CARD customer care which i paid and raised the dispute and waiting for refund..

Syed Wasim Haider

BidyutMishra posted this 09 September 2017

Dear friends,

I am also one of the victims of four fraudulent transactions from my SBI Card and it is to same merchant Telstra Prepaid plus on 13 Aug-17 at around 3.15 am. I have raised the issue to CEO of SBI Card , Chargeback Team of SBI but nothing has happened so far. Till now they have kept this amount on unbilled transactions after 13 sept. they will put it in to the statement. I am also in mental stress. what we can do to get money reverted to our account. There is some technical flaw in SBI Card security system then only every day 2-3 fraudulent transactions cases are happening.

B K Mishra

Allahabad

M-9794835311

FebinGafoor posted this 09 September 2017

I had the same issue in UAE. Are you by any chance using the Zomato app ?

Show More Posts

Close