Roshan Sharma Payback Banking Fraud

• Last Post 04 July 2019
EswararaoRajana posted this 24 June 2019

Today morning i received a call from a guy saying that i have cash back points on my SBI card which are worth rs. 9500 and its gonna expire soon so she is going to transfer the amount to my cc outstanding bill. I said ok. Then she asked to verify my date of birth which i did. He said unable to transfer the amount as my card is not registered with paybak. She said she can transfer the money to any other bank account i have and asked for other bank's debit card. I said I have axis bank debit card. He told me the cashback amount is 9500. Asked for my 16 digit card no. Firstly i denied saying none of the bank would ask for full card no., but she convinced me that she's calling from Payback and i can record the call if i want and she is not going to ask for any confidential details. I shared my card no., then she asked for my cvv no. Then i really got pissed off and asked her about her agency n all. He said He is the manager He gave me his employe id, payback mumbai office address and assured me that i'll receive the message of money transfer then only he'll disconnect the call. I was stupid enough to give him the cvv number. He then sent a msg of otp on my mobile which actually came from SBI bank's number so i trusted him and shared the otp too. Then i received a msg saying that the transaction is being declined due to insufficient funds and i realized that its a fraud. Then again the lady told me that due to technical issues she can't transfer full amount at once so she'll do it in half-half. I understood that the intention was to take out the money whatever is available in the account. Since i didn't had any money in that account that's why i was confident to share all the details and at the end i confidently told her that now you have all the details so try multiple times but you won't be able to get anything from me. I abused her, threatened her of police complain, to which she openly challenged me that do whatever you can.

I got the call from ‭+91 74087 50695‬

I blocked my card and changed all my password and other credentials. I got shocked on the fact that these people are not even afraid of police or law.

We may fight with a thief walking on road but m afraid that as a common citizen we don't know how to deal and fight with such hidden treats of society.

I request the cybercell authorities to take action on these cases and save us.

NaveenNaidu posted this 04 July 2019

Hi Eswara Rao,

Have you got the money back?

Close