OLX FRAUD

• Last Post 19 April 2018
satya ravi chandra posted this 30 March 2018

Hello everyone,

I have put my iphone6 for sale in OLX and i got a reply from a person saying that "Hey is this item available for sale? mrjamesfred@gmail.com, Please reply me back to my email". I said that it is available and I have mailed him regarding the advertisement in OLX. He asked me many questions regarding the price and condition of the phone. I told him that I would like to sell it for Rs.28,500.He said that he wants to buy it for his daughter and he has offered me Rs 42,000 for the product including shipping costs to his daughter address in USA and he asked me to send my bank account details for payment. I have asked him that what is the point in buying it for Rs.42,000 rather than buying it in his place for a less price and he has answered me saying that he is presently at the camp base on duty and due to his job policies and rules he cannot receive calls and use credit cards anytime and that is the reason he came for online auction. I have sent him my bank details and he said that he has contacted his banker and that the payment has been made through electronic online wire transfer and he said it has a different procedure other than normal banks. He told me to ship the product and send the shipping id and send a scan copy of shippment receipt to the email address: customerca.reschasebanktransfers@usa.com. It was mentioned in the email received from mrjamesfred@gmail.com which is showing forwarded by customerca.reschasebanktransfers@usa.com that jamesfred has transferred Rs.42,000 and i should  provide the shippment id and scan copy of shippment receipt to chase bank to this email id and only then i would receive 42000 in my account. I had a doubt and inquired my friends and came to know that it is a fake account.

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
OLXIndia posted this 31 March 2018

Dear Satya,

Thank you for sharing the concern with us.

We completely understand your situation and apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We wish to inform you that without any delay, we have blocked the buyer's account as well as his number so that he cannot dupe any more sellers.

We assure you that our top priority is to maintain a safe and secure OLX community and remove users who do not comply with our Terms of Use.

Also, it is submitted for your information that OLX only provides a platform to seller and buyer. OLX does not participate or interfere in negotiations during transactions.  We suggest that you always analyze the ad you are interested in. 

As you said, you have some documents supporting your case, we suggest to take the help of legal authorities. Kindly file an FIR against the buyer and OLX will provide all the information related to the buyer to the legal authorities.

Please do contact us by email i.e.safety@olx.in for any further requirements, our specialized team will be happy to assist you.

Addressing your concern is our priority and we will always give you the best possible service.

Thank you for contacting OLX

Thanks,

Team OLX

RanjithThiru posted this 18 April 2018

He is still here in olx.. Got the same message now

RaviBelani posted this 19 April 2018

i also get same email and all , i talked with them, 

Close