Olx fraud

• Last Post 07 January 2018
AshishSws posted this 06 January 2018

I am Alex Scott  from USA Maryland buying this item as birthday gift for my friend, that just got transferred to Assam India and he is going to celebrate his birthday next week.I don't want him to know anything about this until the item  get deliver to his address in Assam, i will make payment through Bank of America Transfer into your account and after you receive the transfer then you will ship the item to my friend address through DHL or FedEx and I will offer you 35,000:00 INR including the shipment cost to him. Kindly get back to me with your bank details below.

Full name : 
Bank name : 
Acct no : 
Ifsc code : 
I will like to read back from you soon with your bank details for the transfer okay many thanks.     This is the mail I revived for my mac mini ads,  Then we shared our bank details and received a blank mail from bank of america and back to back we received below mail from this guy again

I am very happy to inform you that my bank just contact me now that the payment has been made which they have send you the Payment Notification Mail from the Bank of America which have been made okay so you can check your inbox or spam inbox.So i want you to proceed the shipment of the item right away and get back to my bank with the shipment scan receipt in order to verify the shipment and to complete our transaction as soon as possible okay.this can take place as soon as you read my message now and i will be waiting for your response as soon as the shipment is done and you can contact my bank via (International_fundtransfer@usa.com)   Here is the shipping Address Below.   Name: Festus Micheal Address: House no 10,Munni market G.N Road, opp hub, City: Guwahati State: Assam Country: India Area zipcode: 781005 Tel: +919681090904      Go ahead with the shipment and send the Scan Shipment Receipt to Bank of America for them to verify the shipment details from you then you  can have your money available in your bank account immediately..

OLXIndia posted this 07 January 2018

Dear Ashish,

Thank you for sharing your concern with us and we regret the inconvenience caused to you.

We understand your concern, however, we would request you to elaborate your concern along with the adequate proofs on our email address i.e. safety@olx.in. 

- Transaction receipt if any advance payment was done.

- Ad id through which you have contacted the buyer.

- Chat/message history with the buyer.

- Contact number/email address of the buyer.

This will help us in taking appropriate steps on such users from repeating these activities on our site.

Awaiting reply from you!

Thanks,

Team OLX

Close