Fraud on OLX

• Last Post 27 August 2021
MUKULVarshney posted this 11 August 2017

Dear Sir/Madam,

I was looking for buying the second hand laptop from OLX. On searching ad on OlX on 7.8.17,  one laptop I found as per my requirement and budgets. When I contacted on the given  mobile number to contact, one lady picked up the phone. She introduced her as a Doctor Gynacologist named Poonam and settled in Ranchi Jharkhand.

She said the laptop is in very good condition and She will dispatch it immediately if I can transfer the 50℅ of the amount now. After half an hr she again called me saying that she has talked to the courier company and it will be delivered within 2 days of time to your address in Korba.

She gave me the account details of her husband saying that he is also a Doctor and please do the 3500 Rs transaction via IMPS. As she was looking genuine I transferred amount of 3500 to the provided account.

After half an hour she called me again saying that the amount is still not credited and she has confirmed it from the bank that the transaction is cancelled and hence the amount will be credited back to my account within 2 days. So I have to do the transfer of 3500 again so that she can dispatch the laptop immediately. She was sounding so genuinely that I again transferred the 3500 amount to her husband account.

After 15 min she confirmed that amount is being credited to her husband amount and she has parceled the laptop through track on courier.

I received the message from her mobile with the tracking details. When I tried looking for the details on online tracking system of courier company , there was nothing showing against the tracking no. When I called her again she said that as today is Rakhi so system will start showing the details from tomorrow once the details get uploaded on system.

From then onwards she is not picking any of my calls neither she is responding on messages.

Details are as Follows

1. Name : Dr.Poonam (Gynacologist)

2. Mobile no: 8416947785

3. Place: Ranchi

4. Account details:Dr. Ravindra Kumar account no:054301000129299 bank name: Indian overseas Bank IFSC code: IOBA000543

5. Amount transferred: 3500 through IMPS reference no IMPS00033537773

again 3500 transferred through IMPS reference no IMPS00033533802

6. Tracking courier no she has given: 4823108258

I tried calling on OLX helpline also but they said that I have to go through legal only to take any action against this fraud.

Kindly suggest how to get my money back from this fraud lady

Regards

Mukul Varshney

Order By: Standard | Newest | Votes
OlxIndia posted this 11 August 2017

Dear Mukul,

Greeting from team OLX!

Thank you for sharing your concern with us.

We completely understand your situation and apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We wish to inform you that without any delay, we have blocked the seller's account as well as his number so that he cannot dupe any more buyers.

We assure you that our top priority is to maintain a safe and secure OLX community and remove users who do not comply with our Terms of Use.

Also, it is submitted for your information that OLX only provides a platform to seller and buyer. OLX does not participate or interfere in negotiations during transactions.  We suggest that you always analyse the ad you are interested in.

As you said, you have some documents supporting your case, I suggest to take the help of legal authorities. Kindly file an FIR against the seller and OLX will provide all the information related to the seller to the legal authorities.

Addressing your concern is our priority and we will always give you the best possible service.

As always, feel free to contact our Customer Support at safety@olx.in, if you have any questions or doubts.

Thanks,

Team OLX!

vinothsaravanan. posted this 09 September 2017

Now she is calling from this no +91 7053 961 288, in the name of Chandra Sekar. Luckily I saw this complaint, while I was searching account no she has given, otherwise I would be trapped. Thank u

KalipadaPal posted this 31 December 2019

Mera sath vi OLX indian army call kiya. Mera ko phone kiya o mujhe bolatha ki vi indian army Scotty hain.20,000 price hain.3120 delivery charge hain .mero ko bola delivery charge payment kor do .main daily very charge 3120 payment kiya.fir kichu somoi bad main call kiya mereko r bola 17,000 rupes payment koro indian army transport account phone pay number ko.plz help me.my contact number 7602520450

Ganesh PrabhuPackrisamy posted this 27 August 2021

Hey every one.. she launched a ad in OLX now and her new number is 7895308177. @Mukul - this is the best i can do for you. 

And thank you for your post and helping people to identify such fraud and cheaters.

Close